We are currently trialling Screen Studies until 14th June 2018.
Access is only available from on-campus for the duration of the trial, however the resource includes:
- Access to 60 screenplays including: The Big Lebowski, Donnie Darko and Dunkirk – all fully-searchable for keywords and presented in industry-standard studio format
- 242 critical and contextual works addressing the history, theory and practice of world cinema
- A History of Cinema timeline to discover the history of cinema against the wider social, cultural and technological context
See what Screen Studies has to offer in this short video and let us have your thoughts
From 11th April, the MyiLibrary platform will be migrating its e-book content to Ebook Central.
Users will see an interface change, but also need to be aware that any bookmarks or highlighting features will not transfer over as part of the migration. For books that have been read online and not downloaded, notes will be preserved.
Library Services apologise for the inconvenience this may cause
We are currently experiencing problems with off-campus access to ScienceDirect e-books and journals.
This problem has been reported to the publisher and we are hoping this will be resolved asap.
On campus access is working as normal so if you log onto the LJMU network from home via our Off-campus applications service then you should be able to access the e-book or journal article that you want via this route until the problem has been resolved.
Details on how to access the Off-campus Applications Service can be found at: https://www2.ljmu.ac.uk/ITHelp/software/118551.htm
Once logged into the LJMU network log onto Discover via the LJMU desktop internet link and search as normal or go direct to Science Direct via the Databases A-Z option on the Electronic Library:https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/microsites/library/resources/electronic-library
For a number of years we have had access to a number of e-journals from the Institution of Civil Engineers. We added to this by acquiring the archive of journal articles dating from 1836-2002 for titles such as the Journal of the Institution of Civil Engineers
We are now able to offer access to the core Current Engineering Collection of 30 titles which includes
These 30 journals are available on and off-campus (by logging in via OpenAthens with your LJMU username and password) and fully integrated and searchable via Discover. Why don’t you discover the most comprehensive civil engineering resource available.
We are pleased to let you know that our IEEE Xplore subscription now includes:
- the IEEE Technology Report on Wake-Up Radio, you can access the full report without charge at this link. This report is peer-reviewed by IEEE 802.11ba working group members. It meets the IEEE standard for quality and accuracy.
- 50 titles from the Morgan & Claypool Computer & Information Systems (CIS) Collection. These titles cover subjects from topics such as Data Management, Human Centred Informatics, Data Mining and more. You can access these titles now on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. You can see a full list of the titles available in the collection, as well as reviewing collections five and six, also available at LJMU
Posted in Built Environment, Computing and Mathematical Sciences, Engineering Technology and Maritime Operations, Liverpool Screen School, Mental Health and Counselling, Natural Sciences and Psychology, Nursing and Midwifery, Paramedic Studies, Pharmacy and Biomolecular Science, Primary and Professional Learning, Public Health, Sport and Exercise Science
We are currently experiencing problems with full-text access to articles from Internurse and Intermid.
PDF links are not working, users are advised instead to select the Fulltext option which will provide the fulltext html of articles.
The publisher are aware of the problems which are affecting all customers and are working on a resolution
Trials have now been set up until March 5th to Environment and Marine Digimap.
To access please login at – http://digimap.edina.ac.uk
A unique username and password are required to access these trials. Instead of searching for Liverpool John Moores University, type EDINA and choose “EDINA (staff and trials)”, then select and continue.
Please note that for the duration of the trial download facilities will be unavailable. All other terms and conditions of Digimap use apply.
Access to the service is for trial and evaluation purposes only. Any saved maps should also be deleted at the end of the trial period.