See some examples below, just click on the cover image to go directly to the item via authenticated link. Choose to read online, search within the book online or download each chapter or the whole book as PDF or ePUB .
When off campus look for an option to login with your LJMU username and password.
Find more ebooks by searching your topic in Discover then tweak your results by Book + Full Text Online.
You have until 16th October 2017 to test a possible new resource for the Library collection.
Explore a new online journal from Nature Research, Nature Astronomy and find research across astronomy, astrophysics and planetary science – with the aim of fostering closer interaction between the researchers in each of these areas.
Read the current September 2017 issue, search by keyword through past editions, browse latest research or read the news and comments.
We look forward to reading your feedback, either via the comments or your departments subject librarian.
Just published: new titles on Oceans, Pain and Utilitarianism now available in the Very Short Introductions series.
Discover a new topic or subject with these intelligent introductions written by authors who are experts in their field. Click on the cover image to go to the item via authenticated link.
Enhanced Discover: We have lift-off!
We are delighted to announce that the enhanced Discover platform has now gone live.
Our extensive print and electronic collection is now accessed with just one search, we encourage you to investigate and explore the new tools and features! Here is reminder of some of the improvements to expect:
- Discover both print and online resources
- Integrates the functionality of the current Library Catalogue and other discovery tools
- Searches the majority of LJMU Library’s databases at once
- Convenient search and access to library account information
- Opportunity to refine and sort search results
- Virtual Browse – browse the bookshelves from your PC, laptop or mobile device
- Easier navigation of and access to online Full Text
- Referencing software such as EndNote is integrated
Look out for further developments over the coming months!
Please note: the Library Catalogue is now fully integrated with Discover and therefore will no longer available.
Re-sits & Referrals
We understand that many students have exams during this period, the old version of Discover will be available until 18th August for your convenience.
You will not be able to pay any library charges until further notice but this will not affect your borrowing activity.
Help & Support
Assistance is available within the Library, via our 24/7 Helpline (+44) 0151 231 3179 or online Help Form.
Related blog posts are here.
The countdown is now on! The enhanced version of Discover will take off on Thursday 27th July, see below for last-minute information and final checks.
- The payment of library charges (Inter Library Loans and lost books) will not be possible immediately after Go Live. Please note: charges will be added and remain on your account but you can continue borrowing during this time. The payment facility will be available in good time for the new semester.
- New books Lists will not be available immediately after Go Live. It is hoped that this facility will be available within a few weeks.
- Downtime – From Tuesday 25th July there will be a period of limited functionality, until the new system goes live on Thursday July 27th.
- Library Catalogue – The Library Catalogue will be unavailable after Tuesday 25th July.
- Referrals & Resits – For your convenience the old version of Discover will remain available until Friday 18th August. ‘Catalogue availability’ information will be removed, so please remember to check the library shelves.
The following will not transfer over during the upgrade:
- Saved Searches and Articles
We strongly recommend that you access your accounts before 25th July and record any important information.
Looking for more information? Check out this Discover blog, FAQ and @ljmulibrary #enhanceddiscover for regular updates.
Looking for more support? Assistance using Discover will be available within the Library, via our 24/7 Helpline (+44) 0151 231 3179 or online Help Form or email@example.com.
Taking resits over the summer? You will be able to access the old version of Discover until mid August from the Exam Timetable webpage.
Created personal account preferences in Discover (search alerts, saved searches, saved results)? These preferences won’t be transferred over to the new platform. We recommend that you login and save any important information before 25th July.
Looking for more support? Assistance using Discover will be available within the Library, via our 24/7 Helpline (+44) 0151 231 3179 or online Help Form.
Regular updates will follow, so watch this space! You may find it useful to follow us @ljmulibrary #enhanceddiscover. If you have any comments, questions or concerns please contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
View the Enhanced Discover: Introducing your new Discover Search Engine blog.
Available via Databases A-Z, find the direct link to answer your research methods and statistical questions.
No log-in is required on campus, if off site just enter your LJMU username and password.
Relevant across all disciplines, Sage Research Methods is an authoritative resource for planning, key concepts and data collection guidance.
New Built Environment and Civil Engineering ebooks now available from LJMU Library! Click on the cover image to go directly to the item via authenticated link.
Choose to download up to 10% of the book or search the content and read online.
To see more new titles available in print and electronic format, go to the subject support page for the Built Environment and Civil Engineering.
Building Construction Handbook
Project Management for Engineering, Business and Technology