Enhanced Discover: We have lift-off!
We are delighted to announce that the enhanced Discover platform has now gone live.
Our extensive print and electronic collection is now accessed with just one search, we encourage you to investigate and explore the new tools and features! Here is reminder of some of the improvements to expect:
- Discover both print and online resources
- Integrates the functionality of the current Library Catalogue and other discovery tools
- Searches the majority of LJMU Library’s databases at once
- Convenient search and access to library account information
- Opportunity to refine and sort search results
- Virtual Browse – browse the bookshelves from your PC, laptop or mobile device
- Easier navigation of and access to online Full Text
- Referencing software such as EndNote is integrated
Look out for further developments over the coming months!
Please note: the Library Catalogue is now fully integrated with Discover and therefore will no longer available.
Re-sits & Referrals
We understand that many students have exams during this period, the old version of Discover will be available until 18th August for your convenience.
You will not be able to pay any library charges until further notice but this will not affect your borrowing activity.
Help & Support
Assistance is available within the Library, via our 24/7 Helpline (+44) 0151 231 3179 or online Help Form.
Related blog posts are here.
The countdown is now on! The enhanced version of Discover will take off on Thursday 27th July, see below for last-minute information and final checks.
- The payment of library charges (Inter Library Loans and lost books) will not be possible immediately after Go Live. Please note: charges will be added and remain on your account but you can continue borrowing during this time. The payment facility will be available in good time for the new semester.
- New books Lists will not be available immediately after Go Live. It is hoped that this facility will be available within a few weeks.
- Downtime – From Tuesday 25th July there will be a period of limited functionality, until the new system goes live on Thursday July 27th.
- Library Catalogue – The Library Catalogue will be unavailable after Tuesday 25th July.
- Referrals & Resits – For your convenience the old version of Discover will remain available until Friday 18th August. ‘Catalogue availability’ information will be removed, so please remember to check the library shelves.
The following will not transfer over during the upgrade:
- Saved Searches and Articles
We strongly recommend that you access your accounts before 25th July and record any important information.
Looking for more information? Check out this Discover blog, FAQ and @ljmulibrary #enhanceddiscover for regular updates.
Looking for more support? Assistance using Discover will be available within the Library, via our 24/7 Helpline (+44) 0151 231 3179 or online Help Form or email@example.com.
Taking resits over the summer? You will be able to access the old version of Discover until mid August from the Exam Timetable webpage.
Created personal account preferences in Discover (search alerts, saved searches, saved results)? These preferences won’t be transferred over to the new platform. We recommend that you login and save any important information before 25th July.
Looking for more support? Assistance using Discover will be available within the Library, via our 24/7 Helpline (+44) 0151 231 3179 or online Help Form.
Regular updates will follow, so watch this space! You may find it useful to follow us @ljmulibrary #enhanceddiscover. If you have any comments, questions or concerns please contact the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
View the Enhanced Discover: Introducing your new Discover Search Engine blog.
The Library’s Discover search engine will be having a major upgrade this summer!
From July 27th you will be able to explore our extensive collection of print and electronic resources in just one search. The enhanced Discover platform will have an intuitive, user-friendly interface and a number of exciting new features.
A preview of the updated search page:
A sneak peek at the virtual bookshelf:
Work is well underway to ensure a smooth transition. Please note that from July 14th there will be a period of limited functionality while we migrate across from the current platform, however basic library tasks such as borrow, return and search will continue. Any downtime will be kept to an absolute minimum.
Regular updates will follow, so watch this space! You may find it useful to follow us @ljmulibrary #enhanceddiscover. If you have any comments, questions or concerns please contact the team: email@example.com.
View the Enhanced Discover: FAQs and Further Info blog.