Library Services are looking to recruit some library champions!
As we hope you know, we in Library Services want to provide the best possible service to our students. As a result we want to actively engage our customers in our decision making to make a better service for you.
So we’d like to invite some of you to help us select and purchase our books! But there’s a bit more to it than that of course…
We’d like our library champions to
- Contribute to the development of library collections and services
- Listen to the view of your peers and feedback to the library
- Respond to your peers’ views on the availability of resources
- Meet regularly with the relevant Academic Liaison Librarian
- Collate and communicate feedback on Library Services
- Act as a sounding board for library proposals
- Promote Library Services to your fellow students
- Spend a small budget on library resources (minimum of £500)
In return though you’ll get
- An opportunity to influence library decision making
- Transferable skills development in advocacy, negotiation, budgeting and promotion
- Having a fast method of ordering library materials
- A role to add to your CV
- To feel empowered and valued by the University
We’ll work closely with you throughout the project, providing all materials and guidance. And don’t worry about it interfering with your studies – although some time will be needed, we don’t want to detract from your work.
Interested? Then please drop an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org express your interest. Time is short though! We need to hear from you before the 17th February.
We look forward to working with you!